If you are the payor of support and are unable to make your child support payment, keeping in contact with your Case Manager is very important as they may be able to suggest options for you, such as requesting a review of support or their ability to delay enforcement based on your situation.
In order to receive proper credit for support payments, all payments must be made through the Michigan State Disbursement Unit (MISDU). If you are employed, your employer should receive an Income Withholding Order required by law. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Friend of the Court is kept apprised of any changes in your employment status so that the appropriate documentation may be sent to your employer.
If you are unemployed or self-employed, there are additional options available to ensure your payments are being made in a timely manner:
- Pay online with a credit or debit card at Michigan State Disbursement Unit (MISDU) (additional fee applies)
- Pay via telephonewith a debit or credit card (Master Card, American Express, or Discover only- additional fee applies) 877-543-2660
- Enter 004 for Alpena County or 060 for Montmorency County
- Enter 1 for Payment and Case Specific Information
- Enter your 9-digit Social Security Number
- Pay with a personal check, certified or cashier's check, or money order via mail to:
Michigan State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 30351
Lansing, MI 48909-7851
(There is no additional fee to utilize this service)
- Pay at our local office - cash only
- Pay cash at select 7-11, Family Dollar, or CVS Pharmacy stores during their hours of operation. You must first obtain a Pay-Near-Me barcode. You will need your social security number, your docket or case number, and an email address or cell phone number to receive your barcode. (There is a $1.99 fee for each payment made with this service.)
- Pay with MoneyGram at CVS Pharmacy and Walmart stores nationwide. (There is a $3.99 fee for each payment made with this service.) Payments may take 3 to 5 business days to post.
- Way 2 Go Debit Card: 844-649-9843